Build Engineer - Edinburgh
As a Build Engineer in our Edinburgh studio, you will be ensuring the day-to-day stability of the game by working closely with the QA department to ensure timely bug-fixes from the rest of the development team. The role also involves being responsible for maintaining and improving the build process itself. You will need experience of asset management and build systems such as Jenkins, and must have intermediate level skills in both Python and C++.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Liaise with QA and development teams to integrate critical bug-fixes and features into builds.
- Maintain and improve build machines and our WAF and Jenkins build processes.
- Handle simple merge and conflict issues.
- Develop scripts to automate common processes.
- Experience with asset management system such as Perforce.
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins.
- Intermediate level knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Intermediate level AWS management skills an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and happy working across diverse teams.
- Pro-active problem-solving approach to issues.
- Experience with game engines an advantage.
- System admin experience on windows/linux an advantage.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please apply by E-mailing us your covering letter and CV/resume.