*NEW* Senior Technical Artist - Edinburgh
As a Senior Technical Artist you will be working alongside a talented art team driving forward cutting edge visuals, providing technical guidance and defining art workflow and pipelines.
You will be joining the studio in a key role at a pivotal time as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground breaking open-world game. The role brings the opportunity to make a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Technical Director to define and maintain art workflows
- Clearly communicate and document art production pipelines
- Shader research and development
- Provide guidance to artists encouraging best working practices and strong asset organisation
- Proactively provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow
- Liaise with engine team to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
- Provide clear guidance on technical performance constraints and help define asset budgets
- Expert knowledge of game engines and the technical constraints and challenges of game development
- Significant experience with 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or ZBrush, in a videogame environment.
- Excellent technical understanding of art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable working across multiple teams.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (such as Python, C++)
- Understanding of modern procedural asset creation techniques (Scanning, Marvellous)
- Strong interest in the latest advancements in video game graphics and visual trends
- At least 3 years experience as a Technical Artist or similar role within the games industry.
Location This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please send your covering letter, CV/resume, and showreel where available, here: email@example.com